Friday, December 26, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Sunday, September 7, 2008
1. We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
2. Everyone likes to be thanked.
3. A great deal of talent is lost in this world for the want of a little courage.____________Sydney Smith.
4. One reason that history repeats itself is that so many people were not listening the first time.____________Margaret Hussey.
5. All things are difficult before they are easy.___________Fuller.
6. Loneliness and the feeling of being uncared for and unwanted are the greatest poverty.__________Mother Teresa.
7. Love is the only thing that increases when we share it with others.____________Ricarda Huch.
8. We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.___________Helen Keller.
9. We must educate people today for a future in which the choices to be faced cannot be anticipated by even the wisest now among us.__________J.F.Kennedy.
10. The enemies of Freedom do not argue; they shout and they shoot._________Dean Inge.
11. Every mistake is an opportunity to learn something new.
Make it a habit to give----------------whether yourself, your time, your money, a word of encouragement, or a listening ear-----------------and you’ll find peace and happiness that can’t be beat.
14. An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.__________ Buddha
15. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” Winston Churchill
17. "Grassroot Open Source Intelligence can include the information we get from books, magazines, the Web, music, movies and other open sources. And these kinds of information sources often overlap and intermix. Valuable intelligence can be found in a very wide range of people, media and other sources. Keep your eyes and mind open for good grassroots intelligence. The human race needs all the intelligence we can get our hands on." Steve Hammons
18. We must teach our children to resolve their conflicts with words, not weapons. Bill Clinton (1946-)
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
I once had a friend who grew to be very close to me.
Once when we were sitting at the edge of a swimming pool, she filled the
palm of her hand with some water and held it before me, and said this: "You
see this water carefully contained on my hand? It symbolizes Love."
This was how I saw it: As long as you keep your hand caringly open and allow
it to remain there, it will always be there. However, if you attempt to
close your fingers round it and try to posses it, it will spill through the
first cracks it finds
This is the greatest mistake that people do when they meet love...they try
to posses it, they demand, they expect... and just like the water spilling
out of your hand, love will retrieve from you .
For love is meant to be free, you cannot change its nature. If there are
people you love, allow them to be free beings.
Give and don't expect.
Advise, but don't order.
Ask, but never demand.
It might sound simple, but it is a lesson that may take a lifetime to truly
practice. It is the secret to true love. To truly practice it, you must
sincerely feel no expectations from those who you love, and yet an
Passing thought... Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take;
but by the moments that take our breath away.....
-by Swami Vivekananda
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
The prime Minister of China called President Bush to console him after the attack on the Pentagon:
Musharraf calls Bush on 11th sept:
Vajpayee and Bush are sitting in a bar. A guy walks in and asks the bar man, 'Isn't that Bush and Vajpayee?'
A man is! taking a walk in Central park in New York . Suddenly he sees a little girl being attacked by a pit bull dog.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Friday, July 4, 2008
university professor. Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life.Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups - porcelain, plastic, glass, crystal, some plain looking, some expensive, some exquisite - telling them to help themselves to the coffee.
When all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the professor said:
"If you noticed, all the nice looking expensive cups have been taken up, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is normal for you to want only the best for yourselves,
that is the source of your problems and stress. Be assured that the cup itself adds no quality to the coffee.
In most cases it is just more expensive and in some cases even hides what we drink. What all of you really wanted
was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the best cups... And then you
began eying each others' cups.
Now consider this: Life is the coffee. The jobs, money and position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain Life, and the type of cup we have does not define, nor change the quality of life we live.
Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee. Savor the coffee, not the cups! The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything."